Huw Edwards’ wife identifies him as the BBC presenter at the center of the assertions.

Huw Edwards has been identified as the BBC presenter who has been suspended amid claims that he paid for sexual photos in the wake of a media scandal that has rocked the national broadcaster and placed him in the hospital.

Vicky Flind, Edwards’ wife, revealed to the public in an official statement on Wednesday that he has “serious mental health issues” that have gotten worse as a result of the incident and that he is “receiving inpatient hospital care, where he’ll stay for the foreseeable future.”

After five days of rumors circulating on social media, Vicky Flind acknowledged that her husband was the individual at issue. Soon after two police agencies said there was no proof Edwards committed a crime, she made her remarks.

The allegations, according to Flind, “greatly worsened matters” for Edwards, who had struggled with serious depression recently. He will reply to the accusations when he is sufficiently recovered, she continued, adding that he is “deeply sorry” that coworkers had been included in the story.

The Sun tabloid revealed last week that an unnamed BBC presenter had paid £35,000 ($45,000) over a three-year period for pornographic photos. On July 9, the publicly funded BBC announced that a male employee had been suspended.

The Sun was supposedly informed by the young person’s attorney last week that the allegation was “rubbish” and that no unlawful behavior had occurred; nevertheless, the tabloid did not make this rejection public until Monday night.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police met with the BBC on Monday during lunch. By Wednesday, a police representative claimed that there was no case to investigate.

Detectives from the specialised crime command of the Met have finally finished their investigation and have found there is no information to suggest a criminal offense has been committed.

A BBC representative said: “We have seen the police statement stating they have finished their investigation and are not taking further action. They worked quickly on this project, which we appreciate.

In May, the young person’s relatives made their first attempt to voice their displeasure with Edwards’ alleged behavior by entering a BBC office. They next made a call to the BBC’s complaints line, which is typically used by those who aren’t happy with what they’ve seen on television.

According to the corporation’s director general, Tim Davie, this initial allegation was then forwarded to the BBC’s internal investigations team, which determined it was worthwhile to pursue.

He added in a message to the workers on Wednesday: “This will undoubtedly be a difficult time for many following a difficult few days. I want to tell you that our primary priority right now is upholding our duty of care to all parties.

“The allegations published by the Sun were always very serious,” a representative for the newspaper said. In the last few days, more severe allegations have surfaced.

It is proper that the BBC’s corporate investigations team continue to look into these issues in depth and handle them in the manner they deem necessary.

Right away, we reported a story about two very worried and frustrated parents who complained to the BBC about a presenter’s actions and payments from him that supported a young person’s drug habit.

We stated that the parents had already visited the police, who had informed them that they were unable to assist.

When the parents complained to the BBC, nothing happened, according to the parents. Now, a thorough investigation by the BBC is required.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *