Hospitals and healthcare services have been impacted by a cyberattack in numerous US states.

Many primary care services remained shuttered on Friday while security specialists tried to identify the scope of the issue and fix it.

A hack that affected hospital computer systems in multiple U.S. states forced some emergency rooms to close and ambulances to be redirected.

The “data security incident” started on Thursday at locations run by Prospect Medical Holdings, a Los Angeles-based company with hospitals and clinics across the country, including in Texas, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and this state.

The business stated in a statement on Friday that it “took our systems offline to protect them upon learning of this and launched an investigation with the assistance of third-party While our investigation is ongoing, we are concentrating on ministering to the critical needs of our patients while we cautiously work to reestablish normal operations as soon as possible.

According to Prospect’s website, the corporation operates seven hospitals in California’s Los Angeles and Orange counties, including two behavioral health centers and a 130-bed acute care hospital in Los Angeles. Replies to messages left with representatives of these hospitals were delayed.

The hospitals in California are Bellflower Behavioral Health Hospital, Foothill Regional Medical Center in Tustin, East Los Angeles Community Hospital, Norwalk Community Hospital, Southern California Hospital at Culver City, Southern Behavioral Health Facilities in Van Nuys, and California Hospital in Hollywood.

In Connecticut, the emergency rooms at Manchester Memorial and Rockville General hospitals were shut down for a significant portion of Thursday, and patients were transferred to other neighboring hospitals.

Jillian Menzel, chief operating officer of the Eastern Connecticut Health Network, stated in a statement that “we have a national Prospect team working and evaluating the impact of the attack on all of the organizations.”

The FBI in Connecticut said in a statement that it is collaborating with “law enforcement partners and the victim entities” but that it is unable to talk further due to an ongoing investigation.

Elective procedures, outpatient visits, blood drives, and other services were put on hold. The Eastern Connecticut Health Network, which manages the institutions, said that while the emergency rooms reopened late on Thursday, many primary care services were closed on Friday. According to the network’s website, patients were getting personalized calls.

Other sites across the entire system reported experiencing comparable disruptions.

According to spokeswoman Lauresha Xhihani, “Waterbury Hospital is adhering to downtime procedures, including the use of paper records, until the situation is resolved.” “To get it fixed as soon as possible, we are collaborating closely with IT security experts.”

The incident had an impact on services at a number of facilities in Pennsylvania, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, including the Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park, the Drexel Hill-based Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Springfield Hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *